Saturday, June 15, 2013

New works, June 2013

 
A Woman And Two Puppies, 2013
c-prints 24 x 36 in., ed. 10

My first picture work “A Woman And Two Puppies” looks so lovely :-) This shows a mature woman, her own puppy, and my pixelated puppy at beautiful place called "The mall" in Central Park. At first I was looking for a young white girl models to follow the common images of art history in my mind, but I just realized it should be really boring normal fashion ads, so I changed my mind to use a mature woman, I mean an old woman. I think I did nice decision! Fortunately the model has her own six month old puppy and she wants to use her puppy together. And then you can see the nice picture above :-) I had an open studio a few weeks ago and a lot of people laughed with this.


 
Boy Meets Girl In Edo Era Japan, 2013
acrylic and resin on wood panel 48 x 48 in.

This latest one of my longest and favorite 8-bit map series is “Boy Meets Girl In Edo Era Japan” and this is very special for me because it's a first time I made for Japan in this large size as I never done for over 10 years as I am Japanese, and tried adding a effect like flower petals layered on the top with hand-made transparency acrylics. The parts of the colors layered are so beautiful! And best special point of this work is a tree icon. The tree icon is a first icon I made after I got an idea of making this 8-bit maps about 13 years ago, and this time I made 2 more different types of tree icons and used those icons as a tree of cherry blossoms, to make a work of Japan looked better.

You can see how this looks in person, here.


 
Flowers, 2013
acrylic and resin on wood panel each 24 x 24 in.

This "Flowers" series is a inspired from iconic Andy Warhol's made in my love of 8-bit style and half-toned images that looks like the enlarged images of the news papers as some of Warhol's works done in that looking, actually it's just picked up from the news papers.

more info of Flowers


 
Huge Puppy, 2013
cardboard box and shipping tape 126 x 126 x 54 in.

more info of Huge Puppy