Thursday, March 1, 2012

My museum debut!


Some photos from my brilliant museum debut at Telfair museum in Savannah, Georgia on last Monday! I am still very exciting about this great opportunity.

Game Change: Videogames as Art Medium and inspiration



Very beautiful museum actually.



I was surprised that I could see my painting from the entrance over here!



You know what I mean?



See, the first artwork people see here is mine!



Proud of it!







Chippewa Square, 2012
Acrylic and resin on wood panel

Created for this exhibition, Murakami's version of one of Savannah's best known historic squares features 8-bit versions of landmarks such as the Savannah Theater and the statue of Georgia founder General James Oglethorpe, along with a baseball capped Forrest Gump.



Central Park, 2012
Stamp ink and resin on clayboard

Japanese-born artist Shinji Murakami reinterprets one of the iconic features of his adopted city of New York into the 8bit graphic style of early video games. Trees and other features were individually block-printed to create a pixelated, minimal version of one of the world's best known urban green spaces.






I was deeply impressed... because my artworks are treated like a true art pieces for the first time in the one of the art museums in us.



The lecture and opening reception for this PULSE Art and Technology Festival.



Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo with Harry... as the curator for the group exhibition Game Change and invited me. Thanks again for everything, Harry!