Saturday, April 16, 2011

Madison Square Garden Boogie Woogie


Madison Square Garden Boogie Woogie, 2011
acrylic and resin on wood panel 24 x 24 in.

This is my new work "Madison Square Garden Boogie Woogie", as the first work of my new series expressing the life in NY and also I used a lot of colors for 2D work for the first time. I made this for a memory of the life in NY of Mr. Tobori.



Thank you very very much again, Tobori-san! If he didn't ask me to make something, this work really didn't appear.



And the icon of pointed tower was designed by his advice. I mean he really asked me to put some pointed higher towers as the symbol of the building in NY, like Empire State Building and Chrysler Building. His idea really works on it. :-)



Broadway Boogie Woogie, Piet Mondrian, 1942-1943.

Let me explain one more thing about my work this time! Look at above picture first. This is the final painting of Piet Mondrian who is one of my favorite artists.



I was inspired by and used his checkerboard lines as he was fascinated by the exuberance of its city life and made it. Also it decided the title of mine.